Preliminary Electronic Security
Hi-Tech Training Preliminary Electronic Security (On-line Virtual Classroom – interact from Home – just like attending at our centre).
The Preliminary Electronic Security Course is an introductory (or revision) course designed to provide participants who have no previous Electrical or Electronics experience with the background skills required to attend the CCTV Installation Course, Access Control Course or Fire Alarm Foundation Course.
The course gives both an introduction to electronics and electronic security and shows how the two fields merge together. Ideal for a beginner wishing to learn more about this fascinating area. A large practical content is guaranteed. The day will be an excellent learning experience with a skilled instructor. It is a great introduction to the other courses we provide.
Duration and Schedule
Hi-Tech Training Preliminary Electronic Security Course runs over 1 day. The next course (On-line Virtual Classroom) commences on Wednesday 4th October at 10.00 am.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
The course will be delivering the course through 1 online virtual classroom session.
During the virtual classroom sessions, trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment being involved actively in the learning.
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit is the property of Hi-Tech Training and will be returned to Hi-Tech Training on the last day of the course.
(The kits may also be purchased by the learner….see the Kits Page Link for more details).
The kit consists of multimeter, battery, cables, connectors, components including resistors, diodes, fuses, LEDs, etc. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course. The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at least 7 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
* If attending the course from outside of Ireland the course practical training kit must be purchased via our online shop in time for delivery before course commencement. The equipment will then remain the property of the trainee.
In preparation for each course, we have a quick informal free 1 hr online meeting approx. 7 days prior to course commencement, to make sure that trainees get connected through Zoom properly, let them know what the virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions they may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (login IDs, etc.) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
- Understand the core elements that make up an Electronic Security system
- Understand the role of electrics and electronics in Security
- Study fundamental electric and electronics terminology.
- Test basic electronic components, connectors and cables.
- Construct basic electric and electronic circuits.
- Become competent in the use of appropriate test equipment.
- Electronic Security Systems: – Introduction, core elements, uses and practical demonstrations.
- Introduction to Electronics: – OHM’s Law and related formulae, Insulators and Conduction, Series and Parallel Circuits, AC and DC, multiples and sub-multiples.
- Relays: – Operation and Applications.
- Test Equipment: – Analogue and Digital Multimeters.
- How to test cables and connectors
- Analogue and Digital technologies
A Hi-Tech Training Certificate of course completion will be issued to participants who have fully attended the course.
The Preliminary Electronic Security Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE + TRAINING KIT!