Electronics Equipment Repair 2
Electronics Equipment Repair 2 (Online Virtual Classroom) is a follow on course to Electronics Equipment Repair 1. This course builds on the skills gained and enables participants to build, test and fault-find more complex Analogue Electronic circuits
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
The course will be delivering the course through 9 online virtual classroom sessions. The 10th and last session will involve the additional practical work for the course as well as the written examination (multiple choice for City & Guilds and written for Hi-Tech Training) which will take place at our training centre at 4, North Great Georges Street, Dublin 1.
During the virtual classroom sessions, trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment being involved actively in the learning.
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit is the property of Hi-Tech Training and will be returned to Hi-Tech Training on the last day of the course.
(The kits may also be purchased by the learner….see the Kits Page Link for more details).
The kit consists of power supply unit breadboard, multimeter, cables, connectors, components including resistors, diodes, capacitors, bridge rectifier, fuses, Relays, LEDs, LRDs, Transistors (NPN and PNP), Op Amps, 555 Timers, etc. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course. The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at least 7 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
* If attending the course from outside of Ireland the course practical training kit must be purchased via our online shop in time for delivery before course commencement. The equipment will then remain the property of the trainee.
In preparation for each course, we have a quick informal free 1 hr online meeting approx. 7 days prior to course commencement, to make sure that trainees get connected through Zoom properly, let them know what the virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions they may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (login IDs, etc.) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
Electronics Equipment Repair 2 equips participants with practical “Hands-On” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. Participants on successful completion of the course will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Work with a wide range of complex Analogue Electronic Circuits, Components and Test Equipment
- Analyse and diagnose faults in electronic circuits
- Use electronic test equipment including, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, and Sweep Generators
- Analysing, building and faultfinding the following circuits: – Power supplies, amplifiers, switching, protection, filtering, etc.
- Test Equipment: – Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators and Sweep Generators, etc.
- Sourcing component packaging data, assembly and ESD precautions on discrete and integrated components and equipment.
- Components and associated circuitry: – Resistors, Capacitors, Diodes (signal, power, zener), Transistors (NPN and PNP), Relays, operational amplifier circuits etc. Associated Formulae, Graphs and Arithmetic.
- Power Supplies: – Transformers: – types and uses, half-wave rectifier and full-wave bridge rectifier. Smoothing, filtering and regulating techniques.
- Voltage regulators – Discrete and Integrated (SIL and DIL). Heat sinks for high power components. Battery charger function and modes.
- Health & Safety, Care of Tools and instruments for assembly and repair.
- City & Guilds of London Institute Electronic Devices and Testing (Examination No. 7267-423). This examination consists of 1 written paper and 4 practical assignments. The qualification can be used as part of the requirement for City & Guilds Diploma in IT Systems Support (7267-24).
- On completion of the Course, having been successful in an examination, the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate.
The Electronics Equipment Repair 2 Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE + TRAINING KIT!