Digital CCTV & Remote Access
The Digital CCTV & Remote Access course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of integrating Analogue and Digital technologies in addition to access and control from remote locations such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Duration and Schedule
The Digital CCTV & Remote Access course runs over 3 days, the next course commencing on Saturday 14th January at 10.00 am.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 3 online virtual classroom sessions.
During the virtual classroom sessions, Trainees will have a live video feed with their instructor talking to them, doing practical live demonstrations on equipment being involved actively in the learning.
We will send out a practical kit so that trainees can complete assignments and practical work at home. The kit is the property of Hi-Tech Training and will be returned to Hi-Tech Training on the last day of the course.
(The kits may also be purchased by the learner….see the Kits Page Link for more details).
The kit consists of multimeter, DVR (Digital Video Recorder), Monitor, Cameras, BNC connectors, Coax and security cable, battery, resistors, baluns, cutters, screwdriver, Lens Calculator, Power Supply Units, etc. Trainees will build various projects as part of the course.
The kit forms an integral part of the course, so full course fees need to be paid at least 7 days prior to course commencement to allow time to ship the kit in time for the course.
* If attending the course from outside of Ireland the course practical training kit must be purchased via our online shop in time for delivery before course commencement. The equipment will then remain the property of the trainee.
In preparation for each course, we have a quick informal free 1 hr online meeting approx. 7 days prior to course commencement, to make sure that trainees get connected through Zoom properly, let them know what the virtual classroom will be like and go through any questions they may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (login IDs, etc.) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
- Understand the fundamental elements that make up a Digital CCTV System.
- Understand how to integrate Analogue with Digital technologies.
- Set up IP, wireless and Covert cameras.
- Configure an IP controlled telemetry system.
- Access and control CCTV from remote locations.
- Set up an IP/Network solution for CCTV.
- Set-up and programme digital recording devices.
- Keep updated with the latest standards and changing technology.
- Digital CCTV Systems: – Introduction and uses. Core elements of a system.
- Integrating Analogue with Digital technology.
- Cameras: – IP Cameras, Covert cameras, wireless systems.
- Telemetry systems: – IP Controlled Pan, Tilt and Zoom controls, setting up presets.
- Accessing images from remote locations: – CCTV monitoring and control
- over LAN/ WAN/ Internet.
- Transmission of video signals: – Cable, Fibre-Optic and IP.
- IP Technology, LAN, WAN and network principles.
- Personal Computer principles.
- Integrating CCTV with the existing Computer networks.
- Setting up IP/Network solutions.
- IP Video Encoders, Video Compression techniques.
- Recording technology: – DVR’s, Network Video Recorders (NVR), Setting up and Programming recording devices.
- CCTV Standards, legislative and ethical issues.
- Keeping up with the latest industry developments.
- On completion of the Digital CCTV & Remote Access Course, having been successful in TWO examinations (one written, one practical) the participant will receive a Hi-Tech Training Certificate
- This course can be used as one of the elements leading to the CCTV & Lighting FETAC/QQI Level Component Award – 5N1771
The Digital CCTV & Remote Access Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE + TRAINING KIT!