The A+ course equips participants with practical “Hands-on” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification.
The CompTIA A+ Course is designed to give practical knowledge of computer hardware systems covering everything from buses and motherboards to CPUs, memory and data storage devices, installing, booting and using Windows; managing disks and data; configuring, recovering and monitoring Windows; networking; security; and being support professional.
Duration and Schedule
The course runs over 5 days… The next course commencing on Wednesday 13th September at 10.00 am.
Online Virtual Classroom – how it works?
The course will be delivered through blended training consisting of 5 Online Virtual Classroom sessions. During the Online Virtual Classroom sessions, you will have a live video feed you’re your instructor talking to you, doing practical live demonstrations and facilitating your participation with them in the live interactive Lab through the Online Platform.
Labs Overview: -
The experience you gain from our virtual live labs accelerates skills development and is unlike any other online training – it is live (not simulated). While, in today's world, that might currently be a distant dream, you can still gain hands-on practical work experience using our live technology instead.
Through individual logins, the labs provide access to real hardware through the Online Platform to: -
- Carry out many different IT tasks
- Develop and Practice Skills required in the real world of Technical IT
- Build your Skill Levels and Confidence
- Practice your Digital and IT skills within a safe, live-lab environment.
- Provide step-by-step exercises to complete each module
In preparation for this, we plan to have a quick informal online meeting a few days before course commencement for about an hour just to make sure that people get connected properly, let you know what the online virtual classroom and interactive labs will be like and go through any questions you may have. To join the virtual sessions, you will need a PC/Laptop or Tablet with an internet connection. Joining instructions (login IDs, etc) will be sent before the Informal Induction session.
The A+ course equips participants with practical “Hands-on” skills relevant to the workplace and the theory required for certification. On successful completion of the course, participants will have the skills and knowledge to: -
- Work with CPUs, RAM, BIOS, motherboards, power supplies, and other PC components.
- Install, configure and maintain hard drives.
- Manage input devices and removable media.
- Set up, upgrade, and maintain all versions of Windows.
- Troubleshoot and fix computer problems.
- Install printers and other peripherals.
- Configure and secure mobile devices.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Set up wired and wireless networks.
- Protect your personal computer and your network.
- Implement virtualization and cloud-based technologies.
- Understand characteristics of mobile devices including Tablets, Smartphones, Wearable technology
- HARDWARE…Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
- OPERATING SYSTEMS…Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support. Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
- SOFTWARE TROUBLESHOOTING…Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- NETWORKING…Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
- HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING…Troubleshoot device and network issues
- SECURITY…Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- MOBILE DEVICES…Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
- VIRTUALIZATION & CLOUD COMPUTING…Compare & contrast cloud computing concepts & set up client-side virtualization
- OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES…Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
CompTIA A+ Certificate on successfully completing 2 written examinations CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) and 220-1002 (Core 2). Maximum of 90 questions per exam. Candidates must register for and pay for examinations separately from to course. Types of questions include multiple-choice questions (single and multiple responses), drag and drops and performance-based (candidate’s ability to solve problems in a simulated environment).
Tests can be booked through Testing Centers or Online Testing. We recommend that if possible you would use a Testing Centre. Certification is valid for 3 years and the candidate then need to become recertified
Jobs that use A+
- Service Desk Analyst
- Data Support Technician
- Help Desk Tech
- Desktop Support Administrator
- Technical Support Specialist
- End User Computing Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Associate Network Engineer
- System Support Specialist
The CompTIA A+ Course requires BOOKING FEE + COURSE BALANCE FEE!